Linda Deeley, Walk Leader is starting an incredible series of walking events, to focus us on each step of our journey with Soul Walks!
- How often do you find yourself racing from one place to another without noticing the environment around you?
- How often do you stop, pause and breathe in the fresh air of the countryside, notice the smell of the bracken and the feel of the wind on your skin?
- How often when walking is your head so full of to-do lists and endless thinking that you cannot remember most of the walk?
Join Walk Leader, Linda Deeley on a focussed walk on the beautiful Quantock Hills where the emphasis is on each step of the journey, noticing the landscape and allowing plenty of time for mindful reflection. This is an opportunity to leave the stressors of everyday life behind (and mobile phones silent in pockets) and enjoy time in nature.
Walks will usually be around 2 hours with the focus on the joy of being outside in nature whatever the weather.
*Given that the focus is on each individual being able to focus on their own experience without having to any other responsibilities it will not be possible to bring children or four legged members of the family.
What to bring? It may be warm in Taunton or Bridgwater, but the temperature is generally colder on the Quantocks so please bring plenty of layers. Ideally walking shoes but trainers that are waterproof are acceptable. Please be aware walks may be muddy in places. Waterproof trousers are advisable to bring with you. Please also bring a drink, a snack and a notebook and pen/pencil as you may wish to make some notes during and after the walk.
Booking: Walking groups are limited to a maximum of 10, so please contact me to book a place. Walks will continue whatever the weather unless a severe weather warning has been issued.
Dates and meeting points: All walks start at 10.30am and will last up to 2 hours.
- Thursday 13th April: Dead Woman’s Ditch Car park, TA5 1HJ
- Saturday 3rd June: Dead Woman’s Ditch car park, TA5 1HJ
- Thursday 20th July: Venue TBC
- Thursday 24th August: Venue TBC
- Saturday 7th October: Venue TBC
- Saturday 18th November: Venue TBC
Walks led by: Linda Deeley
For further details, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Linda on Instagram: @getting_lost_with_linda