Beat the blues this January!
Blue Monday is fast approaching (17th January!), it is historically the day in which people are said to feel the most down, after the high of Christmas and New year has surpassed.
It’s totally normal to feel unmotivated at this time of year, but it’s also important to remember to take care of ourselves. Which is why we want to inspire you to partake in a little bit of ‘self-care’ to help lift spirits during what can be a tough month for everyone.
We have created a self-care checklist that you can draw inspiration.
Some top tips:
- Stick to your intentions by planning your activity the day (or week) before, especially if it’s something new!
- Make getting outside a priority in your day. It can be easy to put it off, but remind yourself how great you will feel after, even if it’s just for 10 minutes.
- It’s chilly outside so wrap up warm to make sure you enjoy your activities to the fullest.
- If you’ve been wanting to start a new hobby, the new year is great excuse to try! Whether it’s yoga or bird watching, there is something new for anyone to discover on our activities page for more inspiration.
- If you struggle to find motivation, it’s a great idea to find a friend or family member to join in.
- Look up National Trust sites, cafes and markets in your area to visit and make a day of it. Bring friends, family and pets along with you to make it a day out to remember.
We would love for you to share your photos with us taking part or your favourite activity or even when you’re out and about enjoying what Somerset has to offer. Share with us on social media using #BeatTheBlues and don’t forget to tag us!
Get Outside in Somerset